Tuesday, June 10, 2008

day 237

VICTORY!!! For the past few days I've barely been able to go in my kitchen because I can smell something in there. I didn't know what it was, not a *bad* smell, but a food smell and it just turned my stomach. My early months of pregnancy are an endless quest to eliminate smells - even good-smelling things like shampoo and laundry detergent can turn my stomach into knots.

Anyway, today I was bound and determined to find this smell if I had to tear my kitchen apart, and I finally isolated it to the half-wall between our kitchen and livingroom. A few days ago I lit candles to cover up the smell while I was boiling ribs for supper and I grabbed a lid to put under a tealight just in case the wax leaked out of the tealight. Today, I finally realized that metal lid was causing the problem - it was the lid that smelled! So, especially when the candles were lit, the whole kitchen stunk.

I forced my husband to smell the lid and agree that it was the problem and I'm not insane (well, I am, but it DID smell!!) - it wasn't long before I also solved the Case of the Bad Smell In the Fridge - which was that the bad-smelling lid came from sealer jar where I keep my garlic my double-jarred in the fridge. Because, don't you know that one jar is NOT enough to contain the smell of garlic? So, here you see me eliminating two problems at once - the garlic jar is once again safely contained in a sealer, and the offending lid is no longer stinking up my kitchen. YAY!!!

NEXT: Why does it smell like there's a lawnmower parked in my upstairs bathroom?

No comments: