Monday, September 15, 2008

day 338

I bought my husband a Tim Horton's BUNN coffee maker for his birthday. And he's gone for 8 weeks so I'm enjoying it. He ordered himself several other birthday presents which have been arriving in the mail this week - so I don't feel bad for using the coffee maker without him. I went to the mail to pick up one of his packages and was surprised to find it was one for me - a BzzAgent package for a Nabob coffee campaign. Now and then BzzAgent sends me free samples of stuff to try out and if I like it, I tell other people about it and that's how it goes. Well, their timing couldn't be better since I have this awesome new coffee maker. I mean, HE has this new coffee maker. Anyway.

So here's a good start to the morning with the Tim Horton's coffee maker brewing up a nice pot of coffee in less than three minutes - gotta love that. And I have two tins of Nabob coffee - which is what we usually use anyway but now I guess now I can feel so much better about because the BzzAgent tins came with a whole bunch of information (which Annique is perusing) about how it is 'Rainforest Alliance Certified' coffee and the social, economic and environmental reasons why that is so important. I'd sure like to enjoy my coffee as guilt-free as possible, but I haven't been into seeking out the Fair Trade varieties - if its not carried at my local grocery store, I'm too busy to be hunting it down and making special trips to places that sell special coffees. But this stuff I can find, and I have a bunch of coupons for it, if anyone's interested in trying it too.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

The coffee maker is a great investment...we've had one for 8/9 yrs and not a moments problem as of yet!! Aaand, coffee in 3 minutes, perfect!! ENJOY!!