Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day 62


School shopping woes: from the top, 32-page scribblers, four in a package for 25 cents, middle, 80 page scribblers, three in a package for FOUR FREAKING DOLLARS, and 80 page scribblers with forbidden coil binding, fifteen cents each.

Of course, the list calls for the 80 page, non-coil bound scribblers. Twelve of them. And I have two girls so that means we'd need 24 of them, which means $32 on scribblers, which is more than I have spent on all of the rest of their school supplies combined.

I will propose to the teacher that my children can bring a gazillion 32 page scribblers, or they can bring 12 coil bound scribblers. I hope she'll understand. :)

1 comment:

uncle bill said...

I always liked duotangs upside down and add another 10 pages of looseleaf 3 hole when needed. Can carry a few unlined sheets in the history and science duotang for when drawings are needed and grid pages in the arithmetic one for charts and graphs.
When one gets too full, put the early pages in a fresh duotang or in a 3 ring binder. Mind you I usually had lots of extras from picking up after the Xmas and June locker cleanups.
A spare duotang makes for fast setup to hand in assignments or homework.