Sunday, November 4, 2007

Day thirty-four

I meant to get a picture of the snow today - because we woke up to a winter wonderland AND a power outage this morning. By noon the snow was practically gone and not photo-worthy anymore. But it looked amazing out of my window this morning.

Now its past midnight and I have no picture. So here's one that amused me a few weeks ago but I didn't get to post because, remarkably, there was something better to post on the day this was taken.

Ok, so what is this all about? Well, I was amused that a company would be called "Portage Cartage and Storage, LTD" Also, I knew what the truck was for - it was delivering the new photocopier to the Village office, a very exciting day, indeed! The Village office is where I have meetings once a month because I am on Village council, and I get to vote on important things like, whether or not we should have a new photocopier after 15 years. Thrilling! If you look closely, you can also see our bilingual stop sign, my sister in law pushing my niece in the stroller, and my nephew pulling his red wagon behind her. I'd just dropped my kids off at school. I thought at the time it was a good snapshot of stuff in my life.

No comments: