Monday, October 6, 2008

day 352


The infamous 'Amish bread' - one of those chain-letter like things where a friend drops off a batch of batter and you babysit it and add stuff to it for ten days, and then make something out of it. In this case, its a loaf not unlike a coffee cake. I had some doubts that the Amish would really use 'Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding' in their traditional bread - but went along with it anyway.

The thing about these bread chain-letter things is that unlike email chain letters - something bad really DOES happen if you don't forward it on to your friends. You end up with enough batter to make 12 loaves of bread. I did my best to get 10 ziploc bags of batter sent out of this house because as good as the bread is - I didn't need 40 batches lying around 10 days from now!

No comments: