Friday, October 26, 2007

Day twenty-four


Today is a day I've been waiting for FOREVER! Finally, finally the Trans-Canada highway is twinned right across Manitoba and today they just opened the section we drive most - I used to hate every inch of it. The #1 highway scares the crap out of me and I avoid it like the plague. But twinned, that's a whole different story! I had my first bad accident on that portion of the highway, I've been terrified in snowstorms, I can never relax until we turn off or get onto the twinned portion. I hated all the big trucks and I always wince as they speed past just a few feet away from my door. I hate the shuddering feeling as they go by. I don't have to feel that anymore! I might actually DRIVE east now. And in a year or so, it will be twinned all the way west, too.

No comments: