Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Day twenty one

I didn't take this picture, but it still means something to me. I had to go to a meeting 2 hours away and so I had to miss Annique's birthday party with my husband's side of the family. I'm exhausted from all of this going back and forth, and getting home at 7 at night, and running off to somewhere else half the time, and not getting home until long after the kids are in bed. It bothered me that somehow we weren't able to find a day to get together with my husband's family - who live right in town - where we all could attend her party. So - it happened without me. Not the biggest tragedy in the world I'm sure - we celebrated her birthday more than once so I am sure she's happy, and that's all that counts. But I'm just frustrated with all of the things I'm missing that I normally wouldn't miss for anything.


Oh, and by the way - you can see she did allow the candle on her cake this time. I hear it was even LIT.

No comments: