Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Day thirty-five


So, I'm not at work today. Obviously - its Monday and I never did work Mondays, anyway. But still - it feels like my first day not at work. I brought a little bit of work home with me though - on my first day I got to pick out a mug from a small collection of handmade mugs with the newspaper logo on it. I picked this one not because I liked it the best, but because it was different enough from the others that I could be reasonably sure I would NEVER EVER mix it up with someone else's mug. It had yellow spots on it - none of the other mugs had spots. There is nothing that can make new co-workers dislike you more than being caught with their favorite mug the first day. I was always leery of that when I was teaching or subbing - very scary to reach into the cupboard and grab something that just looks like ANY old mug, and discover later that its sacred to someone. I *always* ask.

Anyway, on my last day at work I sort of dreaded having to put the mug back on the shelf, and knowing me, something like that would make me cry - but fortunately, I did not have to because they told me I could take it home. WOOOO! I get to keep the mug! So this morning, I had my morning coffee out of my mug, and I made a batch of cookies for everyone at work to say thanks - and it was a good start to the day. I'm going to miss it so much.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Here's to the first day of not being at work! I don't know how you can use that mug. The wavy handle would make me crazy.